Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Think I'm in Love with a Robot

Seriously.

Have any of you seen "Wall-E?" We Netflix-ed it last weekend (we have recently discovered the joy that is Netflix), and it is the first move we've Netflix-ed that I haven't felt I could part with right away to hurry up and get the next movie in our queue. We've had it for about a week and I think I've watched it four times. And I'm not sure I'm done yet!

If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it (obviously!). The premise of the story is that at some point in the future, trash has overtaken the earth. Humans have fled to a luxury spaceship, planning to be gone for five years while Wall-E is left with the task of cleaning up the trash back on Earth. This task takes longer than expected, and 700 years pass. Through his 700 years alone, Wall-E develops a real personality. He has a little home, a little cockroach friend, and he collects various trash items that he finds interesting. But what he really wants is companionship - especially to hold "hands" with someone. When the humans send back a probe robot named Eve to determine if life is once again sustainable on Earth, Wall-E is smitten. Adventures ensue, and it is just adorable.

So, if you're looking to kill time this weekend (before or after cheering for Tim Tebow in the Heisman Ceremony on Saturday, of course), check out Wall-E! And let me know if you love it as much as I do.

No comments: