Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I'm Here! I'm Here!

Well, would you look at that: here I made my triumphant return to blogging a month ago, and then went dark again. Ha!

I've had things I'd like to share, but I've been keeping myself quite busy with preparations for Ellie's fourth birthday party coming up this weekend. True, she won't actually be four until the end of March, but my sister is leaving again for Japan a week from tomorrow (let's not speak of it), so we decided to have Ellie's party early this year so Aunt Heather could make it. She has never been able to come to any of the kids' birthday parties because of show schedules/non-U.S.-residence, so this will be a treat!

In addition, our February fun was marred by a stomach virus that very slowly but surely made its way through our entire family, thwarting most of our fun Valentine's Day plans and proving that romance at eight-years-married-with-two-kids means cleaning the vomit out of the couch and picking up some Outback Steakhouse to-go when the sicklings are finally to bed. My Valentine is the best!

So that's where we've been. I'm excited for Ellie's party and will definitely be sharing all of that with you, as per usual, and then doing some further catch-up posts soon enough. We have lots of fun things coming up for the remainder of the spring, too! Finally, our barren January and February are coming to an end and our calendar will once again be filled with fun social engagements.

In the meantime, I'd like to just share this picture I've had in mind to post for months now. Heather snapped it while she was visiting back in November, and it has quickly become one of my favorites of me with my babies. It was just a sweet, candid, snuggly moment and I'm so happy Heather caught it for us. Given all that has been going on in our household for the last month, we've been sharing lots of cuddles like this.


Enjoy the rest of your February, friends!

No comments: