Monday, September 15, 2014

Wait! August Happened!

I joked in my last post about living life interfering with writing about it, but as I went through my disaster of an unorganized, unedited iPhoto library yesterday, I realized that I basically didn't blog about August. This is quite understandable, given that we had just gotten home from the hospital and had a week to pack and move, then had to unpack, then Eric started school again and I became an official stay-at-home mom of two kids, then we made an unplanned trip to St. Petersburg for my grandmother's funeral, and things just were kind of all over the place for nearly all of August's 31 days.

So, let's do a catch-up post, shall we? There are a couple of other things from August that will get their own posts later, but for now, this will do. Here are some of the fun things we did in August:

We moved into a new house. Unpacking is still a work in progress, but much progress has been made. It is my goal to finish setting up, take pictures and share the house with you before we decorate it for Christmas. Lofty goals!

New house!

Dr. Ellie got some more practice in her chosen profession alongside our pediatrician at E.J.'s one-month well-visit.

She's a natural.

I impressed myself by actually leaving the house and venturing out into public on my first day home alone with both kids. "Train park" and Panera Bread!

One kid is super happy and the other is sleeping. I was killing it.

On the last day of summer vacation before Eric went back to work, we took E.J. to the zoo for the first time. He slept through the whole thing, but Ellie got to feed a giraffe!

Feeding the giraffe!

That giraffe looks well-fed, if you ask me.

A zoo snooze

Kids at the zoo

We did lots of exploring our new neighborhood, but I'll talk more about that soon!

Ellie by the riverfront, about a half mile from our house

Before officially handing over the keys to our old apartment, we hit the pool one more time.

Bathing beauty

Swimming with Mama

Fun with Daddy

This kid knows how to relax poolside

Love these two!

Hanging out in the shade with E.J.

And, my mom came to visit, and we took her to one of our new favorite parks.

Ellie and Grammy at the playground

Grammy and E.J.

Pretty busy for an already busy month, right?

No comments: